Received From: NetGalley and Hyperion
Grades 7 and Up
Anna lives in 1995 and Bennett lives in 2012. She is 17 years older, but when he shows up in her life and at her high school, acts like he knows her then gives her the cold shoulder, Anna can’t help but wonder why. Then one night, he saves her from the danger of a robbery at her family bookstore, and Bennett begins to tell Anna all his secrets and explain how he’s able travel back in time and why.
Romance blossoms and adventure abounds, as Bennett is able to take Anna places she has only ever dreamed of. Will their relationship be able to handle Anna’s request for Bennett to alter life events to save her friends? Will Anna make the decision that will allow her to be with Bennett, despite the fact they live 17 years apart?
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again....I LOVE Time-Travel novels!! Tamara Stone did a superb job with this time-travel romance.
- The first thing that I liked about Time Between Us was the time-travel element. It’s just something that appeals to me. That’s why I really liked Myra McEntire’s Hourglass series, Audrey Niffenegger’s The Time Traveler’s Wife, and James Patterson’s Sundays at Tiffanys.
- The second thing that I liked about Time Between Us was Anna. She is such a likable character, with strong will and determination. She has a great sense of adventure and knows what she wants, without any doubt. Whether it’s the desire to run, the desire to travel, or the desire to be with Bennett, Anna puts her whole heart and soul into the desire.
- Next, I liked the relationship between Anna and her best friend, Emma. It’s an honest friendship with it’s ups and downs and unconditional love that only best friends can have.
- I also enjoyed that years that Stone chose for Bennett to travel back and forth between. The majority of the story is set in 1995. While this may not appeal to a wide variety of YA, it will appeal to those who were raised in the mid-1990’s, especially if they were a teen at this time. While reading Time Between Us, it was great to reminisce through the music and style of such a great decade.
- Of course I always enjoy the romantic element in a book. Stone gives us a great romance, intertwined in this adventure, as Bennett takes Anna to destinations that she had once only dreamed of. He also really knows how to soothe rough patches with Anna, and where to take her to win her back over!
- Most of all I loved the adventure of the story. It’s the type of story that pulls you in and allows you to participate through your own will and desire. Stone does such a wonderful job of making the reader feel like they are right there in the story and living the adventure!!
Applause to Tamara Ireland Stone on a wonderful debut novel. Looking forward to her future reads.
FTC required disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher. I did not receive monetary compensation for this review